The 915 MHz radios can be used in Australia (Licence required) and have a max range of 3500 m. The radios can be used with a Base Station to provide DGPS corrections to a VBOX.
The Base Station variant (RLRTM915BS) is designed to connect to the Racelogic Base Station and transmit DGPS corrections to a remote VBOX.
The VBOX variant (RLRTM915TR) is designed to connect to a VBOX to receive DGPS corrections from a Base Station.
- Difficult environment (e.g. buildings, reinforced concrete): 300 m (1,000 Feet)
- Open environment with antennas at ground level (e.g. vehicle roofs): 700 m (2,300 Feet)
- In view with Base Station antenna at height (e.g. building roof): 3,500 m (11,000 Feet)
Note: Obstacles such as walls and trees can strongly reduce the range.
- Input Voltage: 6 – 30V DC
- Input Current - Receiving: <50mA
- Input Current - Transmitting: <200mA
- Radio Transmission Power: 500mW
- Base Station Duty Cycle: <10%
- Carrier Frequency: 915MHz for American use
- Radio Data Rate: 38,400bit/s
- RS232 Data Rate: 115,200bit/s (configurable)
- Module Dimensions: 95mm x 60mm x 33mm
- Operating Temperature: -20°C to +60°C
- Storage Temperature: -40°C to +85°C