Brake Pedal Trigger
- Precise measurement of brake pedal application during VBOX brake stop tests
- The brake trigger event time capture is stored in internal memory and stamped into the VBO file to interpolate the speed between GPS samples which is the key component for a high accuracy brake stop distance calculation.
- The Racelogic brake trigger interface module it is possible to conduct brake stop tests without employing a traditional brake pedal trigger.
- This is ideal if the vehicle is already installed with a brake pressure sensor and cannot therefore also use a brake pedal trigger.
- The interface is connected to the vehicle's high 12V brake light system, and when the brakes are applied, converts it into an active low 0V signal which acts as a trigger event for the VBOX. Connection to the VBOX is via Lemo.
Hand Trigger/Event Marker
- The hand-held brake trigger is only active when the button is depressed.
Light Barrier Kit
- The Racelogic Light Barrier kit (RLVBACS063) comprises of an optical sensor with power and trigger output connections, a Culman suction mount with a metal mounting plate for the optical sensor and a square plastic reflector plate.
- The trigger cable from the light barrier unit connects directly with the trigger input of a VBOX and the power cable can connect to any of the 5 way lemo connectors on a VBOX to pickup power.
- The kit is often employed in drive-by noise tests where volume output must be measured at exactly the same point in every instance.
Laser Light Barrier Kit
- Consistent logging of event marking and triggers.
- The Racelogic Laser Light Barrier kit (RLACS189) comprises of an optical sensor with power and trigger output connections, a Bohle suction mount with a metal mounting plate for the optical sensor and 2m of reflective tape.
Start/Stop Log Switch
- Rugged and lightweight switch used for starting and stopping the data logging
- The switch is a latching push switch that, when in the open position, starts the data logging and when in the closed position stops the data logging.
- The latching feature eliminates the need for constant pressure to be applied to the switch, ensuring that the driver of the vehicle can keep two hands on the steering wheel.
- Racelogic provide a number of different antenna options, depending upon the measurement system, the type of vehicle being used and the surrounding conditions.
- Standard magnetic "patch" antennas are suitable where they have an unrestricted view of the sky and a good metallic ground plane, such as a car roof.
- However, the quality of the signal received can be reduced by reflections from surrounding buildings, trees, and other obstructions. This is known as multipath and can result in increased noise and reduced accuracy.
CAN Splitter Boxes
- The RLVBACS024 allows more than one 5-Way Lemo connection to be made to one 5-Way Lemo socket on a VBOX.
- This is most commonly used to allow an RS232 and a CAN connection to be made into the same socket.
- The RLVBACS024/1 additionally has a Simplex RS232 socket for PC connection in vehicle separation tests.
Digital Splitter Box
- The RLVBACS027 enables more than one brake trigger to be used with a VBOX, or a brake trigger along with a start/stop logging switch.
IMU Roof Mount
- For use with the IMU04.
- The IMU Roof Mount allows for an IMU04 to be placed directly on the vehicle roof, co-located with the GPS antenna.
- It is the easiest and most accurate method of mounting the unit.
Clip-on CAN Interface
- Tap into the CAN Bus without a physical connection.
- The RLACS182 provides a quick and convenient way of tapping onto a CAN Bus when recording vehicle signals.
- Available with either Mini-Din or Lemo connectors, the RLACS182 is suitable for use with most Racelogic systems.
VBOX Power Backup
- Maintains power supply to the VBOX 3i for up to 20 seconds to prevent data loss and the need to repeat system initialisation procedures such as IMU Kalman filter calibration.
- Undesired power loss can happen during engine cranking, when the vehicle stalls, or the VBOX has been disconnected too early.
5Ahr 12V Li-ion Battery
- A battery pack is especially useful if you cannot access the auxiliary power supply of your car or motorcycle, or if you want to avoid accidental data loss which can happen when the unit is power cycled before the data has been transmitted.